Applied Speech Scientist/Engineer
We’re looking for someone passionate and creative to join our dynamic team in creating an innovative conversational AI platform for customer services.
Your responsibilities will involve building speech recognition (ASR) and text-to-speech (TTS) services for contact centres. As part of your work, you will create and manage data collection pipelines, as well as the training of acoustic and language models for different accents, languages and application domains.
You will also be in charge of deploying the text-to-speech module. Your role will also include performance benchmarking of different speech engines, training and tuning our own audio and language models. Your work will involve tight collaboration with software engineers and machine learning researchers in an agile environment with short release cycles.
- MS degree, PhD, or further education in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., engineering), or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in speech technology and off-the-shelf ASR / TTS toolkits (e.g. Kaldi, Google / IBM / Amazon ASR services, Tacotron 2, Wavenet)
- Working proficiency in verbal and written English
- Experience with one or more cloud services: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience in VoIP telephony systems and real-time audio streaming and processing
- Experience in voice communication services such as Twilio is a plus
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design
PolyAI aspires to lead the digital transformation of customer services through conversational AI technologies. We believe the best team will consist of people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, reflecting the multicultural and multilingual background of our customers.
Come do the best work of your life here at PolyAI!
25 days holiday pay, 10 days working from home allowance, pension scheme, health & dental insurance