Who we are:
PolyAI is built on world-leading research from our team of AI scientists and engineers whose previous experience includes pioneering projects with Apple Siri, Google Research, Facebook AI, Amazon and Microsoft Cortana. Our solutions architects and commercial teams use their combined 40-year experience mapping customer journeys to inform the development of our solution. PolyAI’s ground-breaking technology has been specially developed to tackle the challenges of automating customer service interactions. Our AI-based voice solutions favour real-world outcomes over long and costly consultancy projects, and customer journey expertise over IT-based implementations.
This is voice-enabled, AI-driven customer service that works in the real-world, right now.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller looking for a role which will provide opportunity for growth and ownership of the Financial component within PolyAI.
As our first full time Finance employee, you will report to the CEO & work closely with Senior Management Team and the Board. You will help define and deliver commercial and operational solutions to continue to grow the business. The role will be split into two broad areas, Financial Operations & Accounting. We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and who thrives in the fast paced, ever changing environment of a start up!
- Set up all scalable financial processes and controls
- Have ownership of all financial reporting including monthly management and annual statutory accounts
- Drive process improvements with the mindset of continuous improvement, with a focus on efficiency through automation whether this means process change using Excel/Expensify, implementing new add-on software etc
- Manage the company share option and benefits schemes
- Produce investor and other stakeholder reporting packs
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Work with our auditors to improve and evolve our processes, policies and documentation. Manage the audit, preparation of our statutory accounts and tax compliance;
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Support the financial process for our entity in the US
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Support on future funding rounds
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Payroll (30 members of staff currently with continued growth expected by the end of the year)
- Expenses Management
- A qualified accountant with at least 3 years PQE
- Start-up experience would be useful but is not essential
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Ability to take responsibility for business-critical financial operations
- Passionate about the detail
- Strong financial acumen and excellent technical accounting skills
- A high level of problem solving capability
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Motivated by making a difference and getting things done
- Experience managing financial accounts in the US advantageous but not essential
🏝 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (5 days carryover each year).
🏡. Flexible working from home policy
💰 Company pension scheme with the People’s Pension.
🏥. Health & wellbeing: private healthcare with Vitality and private dental cover with Simplyhealth for you and your family members.
🎉 Regular team socials, quarterly company parties, monthly Poly-Talks.
🍎 Healthy snacks and breakfast and a fully stocked fridge with a selection of snacks and drinks.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
PolyAI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All employment decisions at PolyAI will be based on the business needs without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, neurodiversity status or disability status.