PolyAI is tackling the challenges of automating customer service through voice. Our voice assistants make it possible for businesses to deliver outstanding customer service at every touchpoint, without over-investing.
This is voice-enabled, AI-driven customer service that works in the real-world, right now.
Your responsibility will involve:
- Taking a major role in our software development, through writing code, tests, as well as contributing to design ideas and documents, and performing code reviews.
- Leading major integration projects with our enterprise clients, including backend APIs and cloud telephony.
- Scaling our services by identifying bottlenecks and resolving them.
- Communicating with technical leads and product managers to ensure product delivery.
- Contributing to our multi-tenant platform and infrastructure development.
- Collaborating with other engineers to help improve both your own and their code.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding, or equivalent industry experience.
- 3-4+ years of commercial software development experience.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design.
- Working proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Experience with one or more cloud services: AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices, such as coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, and testing.
- MS degree, or further education in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience with VoIP technologies like SIP and WebRTC.
- Experience with security best practices for Enterprise software.
🏝 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (5 days carryover each year).
🏡 Flexible working from home policy.
🧡 Enhanced parental leave.
📚 Learning budget of £500 per calendar year for books, training courses and conferences.
💰 Company pension scheme with the People’s Pension.
🏥 Private healthcare with Vitality for you and your family members from your first day.
💚 Full access to Big White Wall and to a range of mental health programs through Vitality’s Mental Health Panel.
🧘♂️ Discounts on gym memberships and relaxation apps through Vitality.
🦷 Private dental cover with Simplyhealth for you and your family members from your first day.
🎉 Regular team socials, quarterly company parties, monthly Poly-Talks.
🍎 Healthy snacks and breakfast and a fully stocked fridge with a selection of snacks and drinks.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
PolyAI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All employment decisions at PolyAI will be based on the business needs without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, neurodiversity status or disability status.