Software Engineer (Conversational Behaviour)
We’re looking for a Junior Software Engineer to work onsite in our London office, who is motivated to have a direct impact on the frontier of conversational artificial intelligence, applied to contact centres.
Someone passionate and creative, who will join our conversational behaviour team to take part in creating our innovative conversational AI applications for customer services. Collaborating with the product and machine learning teams, your responsibility will involve prototyping conversational AI behaviours in multiple domains, adjusting agent behaviours according to user feedback, setting-up metrics and measuring how each behaviour change impacts business metrics.
Over the next 12 months you will be:
- Joining our conversational behaviour team, and have a direct impact on our customer-facing conversational AI products.
- Developing and maintaining system behaviour using our internal platform, and working closely with product and machine learning teams to update products on a weekly basis
- Increasing coverage, accuracy, and user experiences of our products
- Working on automatic tests and A/B experiments to make data-driven product development possible.
- Helping to bring insights and improvements to our conversational AI platform
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Strong scripting and debugging skills
- Working proficiency in verbal and written English
- Experience with language data processing
- Experience with conversational behaviour design
- Experience with one or more cloud services: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices, such as coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, and testing
- Having a user-centric mindset and caring about conversational / NLP experiences
PolyAI aspires to lead the digital transformation of customer services through our conversational AI technologies. We believe the best team will consist of people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, reflecting the multicultural and multilingual background of our customers.
Come do the best work of your life here at PolyAI!
25 days holiday pay, 10 days working from home allowance, pension scheme, health & dental insurance