Software Engineering Manager
Become a Software Engineering Manager at PolyAI, and work with one of the best dialogue teams in the world.
We’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager, to work onsite in our London office, who is motivated to have an impact on the frontier of conversational artificial intelligence, applied to contact centres.
Someone passionate and creative, who will join our dynamic team to take part in creating our innovative conversational AI platform for customer services. Collaborating with other engineers and machine learning researchers, your main responsibility will be leading a team of software engineers to deliver user-centric product to our clients.
Over the next 12 months you will:
- Line manage one or more teams of backend and frontend software engineers
- Take a hands-on role in software development, through writing specifications, code and performing code reviews.
- Hold regular 1:1s with your reports to both give and receive feedback
- Coach, mentor, and develop highly performing individuals
- Monitor and manage the performance of your reports
- Assist with productivity or communication issues
- Be involved in recruiting: identifying requirements, improving recruitment processes, interviewing and onboarding new engineers.
- Contribute to management best practices within the company
- Support tech leads and product managers to ensure timely product delivery
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Working proficiency in verbal and written English
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices, such as coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, and testing
- Capable of leading a team of 5 engineers
- Familiar with Applied Machine Learning fundamentals
- 5+ years in Software Engineering and 2+ years of experience in management
- Skilled in coding, experienced in algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design
- Experience with one or more cloud services: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with applied machine learning for production systems
PolyAI aspires to lead the digital transformation of customer services through our conversational AI technologies. We believe the best team will consist of people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, reflecting the multicultural and multilingual background of our customers.
Come do the best work of your life here at PolyAI!
25 days holiday pay, 10 days working from home allowance, pension scheme, health & dental insurance