Speech Engineer, Speech Recognition
We’re looking for someone passionate and creative to join our team in creating innovative conversational AI products for customer service. Collaborating with other software and machine learning engineers, your responsibilities will involve improving our speech recognition (ASR) for contact centres.
Over the next 12 months, you will be:
- Reviewing our existing 3rd party ASR solutions and making decisions for further improvement.
- Comparing and benchmarking multiple 3rd party ASR solutions based on our business requirements.
- Investigating building in-house ASR solutions for particular use cases, such as alphanumerical string recognition.
- Creating and managing data collection pipelines, as well as the training of acoustic and language models.
- Managing and improving our production ASR systems.
- MS degree, PhD, or further education in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding, or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in speech technology and off-the-shelf ASR / TTS toolkits (e.g. Kaldi, Google / IBM / Amazon ASR services, Tacotron 2, Wavenet)
- Working proficiency in verbal and written English
- Experience with one or more cloud services: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience in VoIP telephony systems and real-time audio streaming and processing
- Experience in voice communication services such as Twilio is a plus
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design
PolyAI aspires to lead the digital transformation of customer services through conversational AI technologies. We believe the best team will consist of people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, reflecting the multicultural and multilingual background of our customers.
Come do the best work of your life here at PolyAI!
25 days holiday pay, 10 days working from home allowance, pension scheme, health & dental insurance