PolyAI is tackling the challenges of automating customer service through voice. Our voice assistants make it possible for businesses to deliver outstanding customer service at every touchpoint, without over-investing.
This is voice-enabled, AI-driven customer service that works in the real world, right now.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced and empathic engineering leader with an exceptionally strong software development background to join our team and build high-quality products. The role involves a strong collaborative mindset, outstanding communication, and an obsession with execution. A passion for voice assistants and contact centre technologies is a plus.
Your responsibility will involve:
- Lead the engineering team by example and deliver industry-leading solutions
- Manage and hire a scale-up tech team, in excess of 20+
- Collaboratively develop and execute the product roadmap and company strategy
- Deliver high-quality, high-availability voice assistants for enterprise contact centres
- Grow an engineering culture of excellence and radical candor
- Implement and execute engineering processes to serve the need of our enterprise clients
- Lead major integration projects and maintain client relationships
- Oversee security and compliance of our software platform
- A proven track record in software engineering leadership
- 8+ years of solid experience in cloud infrastructure and software development
- 5+ years of relevant experience in managing medium-sized, fast-paced software engineering team
- Experience in building high capacity, large-scale, enterprise-grade products, platforms, or architectures
- Solid understanding of containerised applications, Kubernetes, CI/CD, AWS, information security, and DevOps.
- Capable of technical deep dives into networking, cloud services, security, … etc when necessary
- Verbally and cognitively capable of holding strategic conversations with the executive team
- Very experienced with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Comfortable recruiting and leading an extremely diverse global team.
- Outstanding communication skills in both writing and oral
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Obsess in executing and achieving goals on time
- Experience in growing tech teams in a startup setting
- Experience in building enterprise software products
- Understanding the conversational AI industry or competitive landscape
- Experience in productionising machine learning or natural language processing software
🏝 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (5 days carryover each year).
🏡 Flexible working from home policy.
🧡 Enhanced parental leave.
📚 Learning budget of £500 per calendar year for books, training courses and conferences.
💰 Company pension scheme with the People’s Pension.
👩💻 WFH pack or allowance, your choice!
🚲 Bike2Work scheme.
🏥 Private healthcare with Vitality for you and your family members from your first day.
💚 Full access to Big White Wall and to a range of mental health programs through Vitality’s Mental Health Panel.
🧘♂️ Discounts on gym memberships and relaxation apps through Vitality.
🦷 Private dental cover with Simplyhealth for you and your family members from your first day.
🎉 Regular team socials, quarterly company parties, monthly Poly-Talks.
🍎 Healthy snacks and breakfast and a fully stocked fridge with a selection of snacks and drinks.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
PolyAI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All employment decisions at PolyAI will be based on the business needs without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, neurodiversity status, or disability status.