VP of Product
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder, you will drive the growth of PolyAI by rapidly establishing and developing their Product Management function.
You will bring dedicated Product Management expertise into the organization and, in close collaboration with Nikola and Shawn Wen, Chief Technology Officer & Co-Founder, own the overall product strategy for the business. You will work to deliver both large step-change product advancement efforts and continued high-velocity incremental innovation. You will establish best practices and implement world-class product management processes in order to meet the demands and quality standards expected by enterprise customers.
- Lead and define product mission, strategy and management practices at a leadership and business level in a period of critical business growth.
- Define the overall product vision with founders and own the resulting product roadmap in partnership with the executive team.
- Communicate a clear product vision and roadmap to the entire team, and to PolyAI’s clients.
- Own the end-to-end processes related to product discovery, from identifying problems and opportunities, to defining solutions that will deliver to our customers.
- Make the tough decisions about what PolyAI will and will not do, balancing long-term product vision with short term commercial pressures. Justify this with clear analysis.
- Define and implement working practices for Product Management as a function and approach to engagement with other functions.
- As the team starts scaling, hire and mentor great product managers and product designers to build a world class team.
- Drive product development forward by ensuring crystal-clear understanding of the various product requirements, expectations and timelines for all stakeholders.
- Continuously drive process development: improvement in ideation, conceptualization, implementation and qualification of new features.
- Coordinate the collection of high-quality, nuanced client feedback. Ensure that the entire company understands client needs and how the products can address them
- Engage directly, where appropriate, with clients and support commercial efforts.
- Keep abreast of product trends and explore opportunities for product innovation to ensure a best in class product experience.
- Look beyond where the market is today, and ensure that the company maintains a competitive advantage.
- As a member of the management team, contribute to the overall business strategy. Aid in the identification of new opportunities.
- Extensive experience as a product leader/manager within a hyper-growth early stage business that successfully scaled, e.g. from Series A to Series C and beyond.
- Strong understanding of Enterprise software products and businesses. Ideally, you will also have solid grounding and expertise in complex platform / API-based products.
- Excellent communicator, low ego, capable of motivating and energising the broader team and peers, with a proven ability to create a highly collaborative working environment.
- Deep analytical skills and demonstrable track record of a data-driven approach to product management.
- Technically literate and able to engage and collaborate closely with engineering counterparts. Ideally you have a technical degree (Computer Science or similar) from a leading university and/or experience as a software engineer within a world-leading technology organisation.
- Ideally, you have experience managing, recruiting, coaching and developing highly skilled talent in product management, design and user experience at all levels of an organisation.
- Demonstrable success in interpreting technology and market trends, converting these into winning product strategies, and successfully executing on these strategies and have them drive commercial success.
- Positive outlook, a hands-on approach and a naturally high work ethic focused on swift execution will be essential for this role as the company scales.